Important Information to know for the hockey season:
NO LONGER NEEDED:
- USA Hockey has done away with Consent to Treat (although it is still required for National-Bound teams) and Participant Code of Conduct forms and MAHA is doing away with the STAR form.
- Credential Checks will not require any forms except the USA Roster, Game Logs and Game sheets, Association Credential Sheet for player and team game count to be reviewed and Consent to Treat for National Bound teams.
NEED TO COMPLETE:
- State of MI Required Concussion Form (for players 18 & younger).
- Register ALL players, coaches, managers, volunteers & billets with USA Hockey.
- Online Age-Specific coaching modules must be completed PRIOR to being added to the roster for all coaches on the bench.
- Safesport Certification for ALL coaches, managers, volunteers, locker room attendancts & billets.
- MAHA Background Screen for ALL coaches, managers, instructors, club administrators, locker room attendants & billets
COACHES: ONLINE AGE-SPECIFIC MODULES
- Coaches must be current members of USA Hockey in order to register for the modules.
- NEW: If your team will be at a new age division next season, the coach MUST complete the appropriate age-based module for that age division BEFORE you can be listed as a coach on a roster for the season.
- Current 10U AA coaches need to complete the 12U A age-based module.
- Current 12U AA coaches need to complete the 14U age-based modules.
- Current 14U AA coaches need to complete the 16U age-based modules.
- If you need to take an age-specific module, they are now available year-round. The price is now $10. The mid-winter price of $50, for those who needed to take it after missing the Dec. 31 deadline, has been removed.
- CLICK HERE to register for a module, to continue a previously registered module, or access your account to view/review any previously completed modules.
SAFESPORT PROGRAM TRAINING
USA Hockey provides online training/education that is available to help members become aware of the information necessary to help prevent abuse from occurring in the sport of hockey. All USA Hockey registered coaches, skills coaches, officials, employees, locker room monitors, travel chaperones, billet families and any off-ice trainers (all adults who are around the players) and volunteers MUST COMPLETE this SafeSport training. Any hockey player born in 2003 or older must also complete SafeSport Training before being added to the roster. The SafeSport Training is FREE when you enter through the NGB Training area on the website - select USA HOCKEY for your membership - and enter your USA Hockey member number.
MAHA BACKGROUND CHECKS
All coaches, instructors, managers, locker room monitors, travel chaperones, billet families and any off-ice trainers (all adults who are around the players) MUST COMPLETE an Online Background Check with MAHA.
The screening will be good for two years. If you were screened in the 2019-20 season you do not need to complete the background screening again this season. There is a $30 cost to process your background screening. The fee will be collected through the website when you enter your information. CLICK HERE to start the MAHA Background Screening process.
COACHING EDUCATION PROGRAM CERTIFICATION CLINIC REQUIREMENTS (MUST BE COMPLETED BY DEC. 31)
All coaches begin by attending a Level 1 clinic and then progress through the levels year by year.
CLICK HERE for new information about Coaching Certification Clinics due to COVID-19.
- Have your players, coaches and manager and locker room attendants register with USA Hockey at www.usahockeyregistration.com and create a team spreadsheet listing the names (in alphabetical order) and the USA Hockey number for each player/coach/manager.
- Coaches - need to complete their Age Module, MAHA Background Screen and Safesport Program, while Managers - need to complete the Safesport Program requirement and the MAHA Background Screen. Once completed, the Module, Background Check and Safesport certification will automatically transfer to the USA Hockey Registration Database and show as in compliance on the roster. You no longer need to submit the receipts or Safesport certificate.
- Send the team list to our hockey club program administrator so they can create the roster and submit to the USA Hockey Registrar for approval.
- Our hockey club program administrator will notify you if the roster has been approved or if any changes need to be made.
- Games cannot be played September 1st and until the roster is approved.
- NOTE: Any locker room monitor must complete SafeSport and background check and will now be added to your team roster as a volunteer. They will need to register with USA Hockey as a volunteer which is free.
- NOTE: Any additional non-rostered coaches (skill, power skating, goalie, etc), will be required to complete background checks and SafeSport. These individuals need to be added to the team’s roster as well under volunteer.
- NOTE: Any player born in 2003 or older must complete SafeSport training prior to being added to the roster.
Rule Change Alert - EVERYONE on the ice MUST wear a helmet, regardless if they are rostered or not. Failure for not having on a helmet is a mandatory 30-day suspension.